Monday, September 07, 2009

Nonsequential Links VII

Because you just can't stop at six...

(My comments, of course, are in parentheses.)

Say, anybody ever wonder why we don't have "Management Day"? (Perhaps because every other day is already Management Day.)

Exactly when does the "heat of the moment" of 9/11 fade away, and reason...and restraint...and LAW set in? We were right to strike back against those who hurt us and killed our loved ones...but how long do we continue striking back against enemies with moral impunity before we are the ones provoking a new cycle of violence? (I wish American politicians would ask themselves questions like these.)

We can't ignore Chappaquidick, nor should we. But it isn't the only thing to remember about his life.

But the next time you use a flat broom, circular saw, or clothespin – thank the Shakers who invented them. And maybe we should remember that utopia means “no place.”

Now, I do speak Spanish (more or less), but I don't think I really look like the person you'd approach in a crowd and expect to be able to understand Spanish. (As I've noted before on this blog, I've actually met Ms. Swendson in real life and she's right about her looks. I would have never guessed it myself.)

We can disagree without one side or the other being “insane” but when you insist that everyone must think exactly like you and live exactly like you (whether you are liberal or conservative) that is insane. And that is not democracy.

As for the IRS, I may be Mexican, but I ain’t dumb—no comment on our finest of institutions. (I usually take this column with a grain of salt, but I can't help but agree with this comment.)

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home