Saturday, August 29, 2009

Pop Song of the Week: “Boulevard of Broken Dreams”

I wish I could take credit for this video's creation but, alas, I can only take credit for my decision to post it here. Apparently the creator took clips from a bunch of old movies -- especially movies in the film noir genre -- and created this short film, set to the Ted Weems version of one of my favorite Harry Warren songs.

The Ted Weems version isn't exactly my favorite version of this tune but I like it far better than the more recent Green Day song that bears the same title. And, of course, the clips are nice, too, though I'm not sure why the filmmaker chose to end with a clip of Sharon Stone.

I hope you all enjoy it... even if it is a bit... ahem... out of the past.

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home