Thursday, January 01, 2009

Movie Song of the Week: “Bend Down, Sister”

From 1931's Palmy Days, it's yet another shameless and politically incorrect musical number from the 1930s, this time featuring gym instructor Charlotte Greenwood and the Goldwyn Girls. Plus you get the choreography of a pre-42nd Street Busby Berkeley and a guest appearance by a very very young Betty Grable (she played the girl with the wink).

I have tried to find a more condensed version but alas, none were available for posting. For that matter, I have tried to resist posting this -- but between all the holiday desserts that have been available and all the New Year's Resolutions that are being made as I write this, it is kinda hard for me to convince myself that this is an inappropriate song to post this week. At least that's the explanation that I intend to stick with.

I hope you all enjoy it.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home