Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Brevity Is the Soul of...Well, Something

Apparently there's not just one but two sites dedicated to the notion that when it comes to storytelling, less really is more.

Apparently one site was inspired by a famous short story by Ernest Hemingway who bet someone that he could write a story with just six words -- and then won his bet. I don't remember hearing of said story until this week so I guess it's one of those famous short stories that no one ever heard of. Either that or my memory's going out on me.

Anyway, after seeing the way poor F. Scott Fitzgerald is being snubbed by the producers of the recent Curious Case of Benjamin Button movie -- which is, of course, inspired by a F. Scott Fitzgerald story (yet another famous short story I never heard of) -- it does my heart good to see someone as old as Hemingway still influencing modern-day writers. Too bad he's no longer around to appreciate it.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home