Wednesday, October 01, 2008

Poema de Mi Id: Parte II

“Yes, I Know He Beats Me But Only with Fists of Love”

My man really loves me.
He’s a good man through and through.
He always shows he loves me
Though he beats me black and blue.

You don’t know the real him.
You can’t see into his heart.
You don’t hear him cry at night.
You just think that you’re so smart.

My man really loves me.
He would never mean me harm.
It’s not his fault, you see,
That last time he broke my arm.

I made him mad that day
Talking to another guy.
I should only talk to him.
And should never ask him why.

He broke my ribs last April
By now they are almost well.
Don’t you get him mad right now
Or tonight he’ll give me hell.

My man really loves me.
To you I would not dare lie.
My man will always love me.
Even if he should make me die.

Labels:

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home