Monday, April 10, 2006

Why I Love Country Music

Okay, the Dresden Dolls isn't exactly country music, but then neither is a lot of the music I listen to. And yet more and more the radio stations I turn to most are those which play country music and the CDs I'm most likely to buy are by country artists.

Author Lily Burana once explained the appeal of country music with this quote:

“I've come to love country-and-western. I used to hate it, but now between the deft storytelling and open-heartedness, I'm hooked.”

And this quote:

“I need the formula for conveying heartache that country does best. A world-weary voice, stark and plaintive against the weeping of the fiddle, a steel guitar coming in to address the grievances of the strings, and then a crescendo that brings the three together, pulsing with emotion and blood -- taste and restraint be damned.”

No doubt that's one reason I'm also a Lily Burana fan...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home