Monday, February 13, 2006

Pensamientos Acerca de Amor

A friend recently told me that we don't necessarily choose the people we love; we only choose what we do about that love. In other words, we shouldn't feel obliged to act like a schmuck just because we're in love with somebody. Life hands you quite enough opportunities to feel like a jerk; only a true jerk goes out of his or her way to make yet more such opportunities.

There's a person in my life for whom I care very much. However, my feelings for that person does not absolve me of my obligations to treat with respect other people for whom I have no such feelings. And I do not wish to be absolved of such obligations.

When you truly love somebody, you want what's best for that person. Even if what's best doesn't necessarily include you...

Labels: , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Helene said...

That is a tough pill to swallow, but I totally agree. Well put. ty

11:19 AM  
Blogger Tonio Kruger said...

Thank you, Kate.

5:48 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home