Saturday, November 09, 2019

Pensamientos Acerca de Televisión

Doctor Who (The Second Series): “Demons of the Punjab”

As much as I like to poke fun at the British, you'd think I would enjoy this episode a lot more than I actually did. But I didn't.

I give the show credit for attempting to show a slice of history rarely seen from a non-English perspective but in the end, I could not help feeling that the show's writers could have done a better job. And I could not help but find something sad about the show's attempts to depict the conflict between Muslims and Hindus in post-British Pakistan as exclusively the fault of the British. As much as I like twisting the tail of the British lion, I can't help but suspect that there was much more to that conflict than that.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home