Wednesday, September 26, 2018

Pensamientos Acerca de Televisión

Will and Grace: “Eleven Years Later”

Will Truman has gray hair. That's the detail I most noticed in the first episode of the new season of Will and Grace, a valiant attempt to revive a series that really doesn't need to be revived.

Indeed, as nice as it was to see the old gang again, I couldn't help but find something sad about the whole effort. After all, when the series ended, both title characters were in steady relationships. Now as the new season began, they weren't. Will was between boyfriends and Grace was divorced. And although the show's writers did their best to put their best face on things, I found it hard to be happy that two sympathetic characters who were so obviously aging were now on their own.

On the plus side, there were Trump jokes. Not very funny Trump jokes but Trump jokes nonetheless.

Then again I'm getting a bit tired of Trump jokes even though I'm not a big fan of Donald Trump. Must be the contrarian in me.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home