Thursday, June 14, 2018

Pensamientos Acerca de Televisión

Devious Maids: "Pilot"

I wish I hated this show a lot more than I did. But once I got past the dubious concept behind it, I actually found myself liking it.
Granted, I liked it better when it was making fun of rich white people but still. I was surprised because I really wanted to hate it.

On the plus side, it was nice to see Judy Reyes of Scrubs working -- though I wish she had a better role than maid if for no other reason than the fact that you already see too many Hispanic women on TV playing maids. And my late sister the All My Children fan would have appreciated the fact that it also had a starring role for Susan Lucci even though her character was more benign than the one she played on All My Children.

On the down side, it doesn't even pretend to aspire to any type of social realism. And yes, I know some people would consider that a plus because producer Marc Cherry isn't exactly known for such work but still.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home