Wednesday, April 04, 2018

R.I.P. Stephen Cozzi

Jill Cozzi of the Brilliant at Breakfast site has always been one of my favorite bloggers on the Internet as well as one of my favorite critics on the old Cinemarati site so I was more than a bit saddened to learn a few years ago that her husband Stephen had passed away and that she was now a widow.

I was a bit embarrassed to comment on it when I first heard about it since so much time had passed since the last time I visited her site. But as time went on, it seemed far better for me to try to say something than to say nothing at all.

Besides, Jill has always treated me in a civil manner even when I didn't deserve it and I still remember the kind words she wrote to me on the Cinemarati site after my father died. I can't pretend I know what it is like to lose a spouse but I do like to think I know something about grief.

In any event, I wish the best for Jill Cozzi.

And, of course, I'd like to think that her late husband has been -- and will be -- missed.

P.S. Upon re-reading the last post on her site, I suddenly remembered that Ms. Cozzi also lost her parents a few year back. I'm sorry for this loss as well -- and for not remembering it earlier.

Then again, when it comes to grief, it's better to risk saying the wrong thing than to say nothing at all.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home