Thursday, January 04, 2018

Quote of the Week

So here I am, bringing my own viewpoints to a genre I love, which doesn’t always love me back. I can’t change the books already written, but I can have hope that future writers will bring their own changes.
--Mira, "The Gothic Novel and Antisemitism," For the Gothic Heroine, December 28, 2017

My comment:

Hey, I resemble that remark...

But seriously, folks.

I suspect every non-Aryan like myself has a similar love-hate relationship with Western literature. As well as with Western movies, Western music, Western TV shows, etc. And like Mira, I would like to hope that future writers will bring their own changes to the genre. And I don't just say that because I hope to be one of those future writers...

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home