Tuesday, September 23, 2014

¡Feliz Cumpleaños, Elizabeth Peña!


Born September 23, 1959.

She has long since been one of my favorite actresses ever since I saw her in the 1987 movie La Bamba. I also liked her in the otherwise mediocre TV series I Married Dora and if that isn't dedication, I don't know what is.

Seriously, though, Ms. Peña has made a lot of good movies and I would like to think that her appearances in Resurrection Blvd. and other TV shows more than make up for any rocky start her career might have had in her younger days. Then again I am a tad biased in her favor.

Edited to Add:

Apparently Ms. Peña was born in 1959, not 1961. Given Hollywood's prejudice against older women, I don't blame her for hiding her true age but it was still a surprise.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home