Wednesday, July 16, 2014

¡Feliz Cumpleaños, Ginger Rogers!


AKA Virginia Katherine McMath.

Born July 16, 1911. Died April 25, 1995.

She was an American actress who virtually defined the word "female dancer" during the short time she dominated the musical genre. Even today, she is identified with the art of dancing the same way Marilyn Monroe is identified with the idea of feminine beauty.

Ginger Rogers is stll pretty memorable today even when she is not dancing, and whenever I see her in a comedy, she rarely fails to make me smile. Of all the movie stars I have "discovered" in the last thirteen years, she is one of my all-time favorites.

Contrary to what the above picture might make you think, she is not really a Latina. Nor is she even a white Hispanic. However, I still think she looks cute in that outfit regardless.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home