Saturday, May 17, 2014

Hey, I Remember This Show: Valley of the Dinosaurs

I remember loving this show when it first came out in 1974 even though it was basically little more than an animated version of Land of the Lost. Then again I was very young at the time and generally relished anything having to do with dinosaurs. However, dinosaurs and cave men seemed like a very unscientific mix for a TV show even back then and I don't remember how I resolved that rather obvious conflict or even if I acknowledged such a conflict at the time. I suspect I treated it the same way I treated many animated TV shows at that time -- interesting to watch but not if you are looking for scientific accuracy.

It would be nice to blame this TV series for the recent backlash against evolution but I somehow doubt that many future creationists watched this TV show. Besides, Land of the Lost debuted the same year and it was a lot more popular.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home