Wednesday, April 30, 2014

Pensamientos Acerca de Televisión

Workaholics: “P*ss & S**t”

A local librarian actually recommended the Workaholics show to me when I was checking out DVDs one day. And yet this series proved to be one of the most unfunny TV shows I have ever watched. And considering the wide variety of TV comedies that I have watched over the years, that is really saying something.

I guess that shows what I get for trusting the judgment of a stranger.

But seriously, folks...

The show in question is an alleged comedy about a bunch of telemarketers who share an apartment and take turns indulging in various antisocial activities. As you might guess, a lot of the comedy comes from their indulgence in various illicit drugs. And as you might also guess, the first episode involves their attempt to pass a drug test which they have no chance of passing on an honest basis.

I wish I could say that there were enough funny moments to offset the rude humor. But I don't remember any. And while I am well aware of the fact that I am not exactly in this show's target audience, it would have been nice to remember at least one thing in this episode worth smiling about. I realize that there is a lot worth satirizing in this country's approach to drugs but alas, that still does not make this episode worth watching. And the sexism displayed in this show's negative portrayal of the guys' female bosses only adds an icky icing to an already questionably flavored cake.

Oh, well. As I said above, they did not exactly make this show for guys like me. And I for one would like to think that's a good thing.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home