Friday, March 28, 2014

Religious Spam Is Still Spam

And I dislike spam.

That is why I deleted the "one-sided sermon" comment that was placed yesterday on one of my posts.

I do like comments though. If you have anything to say about the posts on this site, either positive or negative, I would like to hear from you.

But not if you're going to post spam or endless religious sermons or worse yet, shameless advertisements for your own site. I do not mind reading other bloggers. Indeed, from the size of my blogroll, it would seem quite obvious that I like a great many bloggers.

But a message that essentially says little apart from "read my blog" is not a comment. It's spam. It disrespects the reader because it assumes so little of him or her and gives him or her little incentive to go to a particular site apart from the fact that the spam monger requested it.

It has been my experience that people appreciate being treated like people, even on the Internet. If you're not going to treat them like people, then your site doesn't deserve to have many readers. Indeed, you should consider yourself lucky if you get any.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home