Tuesday, December 06, 2011

Pensamientos Acerca de Televisión

Desperate Housewives: “Pilot"

My late sister got me hooked on this show and though I should hate myself for admitting it, I actually found it hard to resist its spell. Oddly enough, the series seems rather tame by cable standards. Only one of the four main characters is doing anything particularly sinful and even she eventually sees the error of her ways. I must confess that Gabrielle "Gaby" Solis and her husband Carlos are my favorite characters on the show thus far but the others have had their moments.

The one main flaw in the series I've seen in the series thus far is its inability to reconcile the cheery demeanor of the show's ghostly narrator with the tragic aftermath of said narrator's big secret. Not only does such a demeanor not make much sense in light of what we eventually learn about said character, but it is also difficult to watch the end of the first season and still think as highly of the narrator as the show's writers expect us to do. After all, many things can be forgiven in the name of friendship but there is a limit.

Labels: ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home