Monday, October 10, 2011

Pensamientos Acerca de Televisión

Doctor Who (The Second Series): "The Wedding of River Song"

That's it? That's the big season finale?

I should have known something was up when I found
myself increasingly distanced by the show's endless references to the Doctor's impending death. Granted, even kids in grade school had no problems predicting that the Doctor really wouldn't die at the end of this season, but still...

In any event, I still enjoyed the episode. I just wish things had been tied together just a bit more.

And I did love the hint that the Doctor was Jewish. Indeed, at the end of his impromptu wedding ceremony, I kept expecting him to break a wine glass beneath his feet while Rory and Amy cried, "Mazel Tov!" But I guess Moffat figured he had played with the minds of Doctor Who fans long enough.

However, I find myself even less optimistic about the next season than I was at the end of last season. And that is a real shame given that Matt Smith has shown a lot of potential this season for becoming one of the most memorable Whos since -- well, David Tennant. I don't really want to see the show go back to its "Doctor Who as the ultimate imaginary boyfriend" formula of the first few seasons but I don't want to see it become unwatchable either. So once again I keep my fingers crossed and hope for the best. Though, come to think of it, a Doctor Who/Primeval crossover episode would not be a bad way to start the next season...

Labels: , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home