Sunday, October 23, 2011

Hey, I Don't Remember This Show: The Munsters Today

Until I came across bits from this series on YouTube, I had honestly forgotten that there ever was a Munsters reboot, much less one that aired way back in the 1980s.* And after watching this intro, I can see why this show was not more popular. After all, this show's opening credits do not exactly encourage me to think I had missed out on anything by never watching an episode. However, YMMV.

For what it's worth, this is the intro from the first season, starring Mary-Ellen Dunbar as Marilyn Munster:



And this is the intro from the second season, starring Hilary Van Dyke as Marilyn Munster. She first started playing Marilyn after the thirteenth episode of the first season and went on to play her in the third and final season as well. Please don't ask me why she chose a look more reminiscent of Kelly Bundy than the original Marilyn. I guess she had her reasons. Plus neither she nor any of her fellow cast members sing those awful lyrics from the first season intro so that alone is a big plus. The show's theme always worked better as an instrumental, anyway.



* Actually it aired from 1988 to 1991 and lasted one season longer than the original show. Go figure.

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home