Sunday, March 20, 2011

Hey, I Remember This Show: Captain Caveman and the Teen Angels

Him no Atomo. Him Caveman. (Or as my Spanish-speaking relatives would put it, Cavernícola.)

Seriously, this show was never much of a favorite of mine though I do recall some of my relatives watching it from time to time back in the late 1970s. According to a Time magazine interview, Fred Silverman, who was president of ABC Entertainment back then, was supposed to be a big fan of the show. But eventually the show failed and Silverman left to go to another network. I somehow doubt those two events are related, but nowadays, who knows?

As for the Teen Angels, I'm guessing they were supposed to be a homage to Josie and the Pussycats, yet another cartoon show about a group of girls who were going out and having adventures. Then again they could have been just as much a homage to Charlie's Angels, though why such a homage would end up on a Saturday morning kid's show is anyone's guess.

Labels: , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home