Friday, February 11, 2011

Book of the Week


Just in time for Valentine's Day...

Okay, seriously, this book by self-described loner Anneli Rufus has been out for a few years now but it's still one of the best ones I've read thus far on the subject of loners. Not I'm that much of a loner. Every so often I do crave human company and I've done enough silly things in quest for such company to make it obvious that I would never make a good hermit. However, it has also become obvious over the years that I have more in common with Ms. Rufus than I do with the usual social butterfly in that I'm not at my best in crowds and that I'm more comfortable with a small circle of friends who really “get” me than with a large circle of “friends” who may as well be strangers. And I don't consider all that to be a bad thing.

At least, right now I don't. My attitude may change closer to St. V's Day...

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home