Sunday, December 05, 2010

Hey, I Remember This Show: The Avengers

For some reason, British spy shows tend to age better than American TV shows. Thus The Man from U.N.C.L.E. seems almost unwatchable today while The Avengers seems as stylish as ever. It didn't hurt that The Avengers was one of the first such programs to feature a strong female lead character while The Man from U.N.C.L.E. seemed to only feature women when it needed some ratings-friendly eye candy.

This particular intro is from The Avengers' 1962 season which paired Patrick Macnee with Honor Blackman, an actress who would later gain even more fame when she played the notorious Pussy Galore in the 1964 Bond film Goldfinger. Needless to say, this season was a bit before my time but then I never said I remembered every season of this series. Nor that I was old enough to remember watching it in prime time. Like most Avengers fans living today, I'm most familiar with the show through syndicated reruns and DVDs.



The intro I most remember:

Labels: , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home