Saturday, November 13, 2010

Hey, I Remember This Show: The New Adventures of Superman (1966)

This is the first version of Superman I remember. I suspect it's the first version most members of my generation remember too. It's not that I have anything against the late Chris Reeve. I liked his version of Superman just fine and I don't see it being topped any time soon.

However, it was this cartoon which first introduced me to the whole Superman mythos. Of course, there was the DC comic book too but I was never a real big comic book reader when I was little except when I came across one of the comic books one of my older cousins owned. And even then most of my knowledge of the actual character initially came from the cartoon.

By the way, anyone else notice that this version never once mentions “the American way”? So all that huffing and puffing cultural conservatives made about its omission from the 2006 movie Superman Returns was about four decades too late.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home