Saturday, November 06, 2010

Buscando Trabajo de Nuevo: Parte XXIV

Sigh! I lost my job today, oh, boy. The English Army had just won the war...

Actually I lost my job yesterday just when I was due to pick up my first paycheck.

So it is back to square one again and praying TEC agrees to let me run out my original claim rather than make me start over with a new one while they investigate the departure from my last job with the speed of molasses.

I am getting really tired of this. I kept my last steady job prior to the three most recent for over eleven years and I stayed at my second job for over five. Now suddenly it seems like I cannot keep a single job for over a week.

It also seems like the only people who are hiring pay beer-level salaries, expect champagne-level service and generally train one in an atmosphere that makes it almost impossbile for anyone above a certain age -- even people who want to learn -- to concentrate on their training. I do not like to gripe about my employers but I get so tired of seeing grown people treated like children just because they want a paycheck. It did not help that while my trainers seemed like decent enough people, one of the ladies I had to work right next to kept her i-pod turned up so loud I would have to have been stone deaf not to hear it and if that was not bad enough, she seemed to have an unerring instinct for choosing the loudest and trashiest music to listen to.

Oh, well. Perhaps my next job will be better. Perhaps...

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home