Saturday, October 30, 2010

Hey, I Remember This Show: Kolchak: The Night Stalker

This used to be one of my favorite TV shows back in the 1970s but you know, you live, you grow.

Seriously, I still have a soft spot for the series and while I will admit time has not been kind to its premise -- especially after young whippersnappers like Fox Mulder and Buffy Summers started stealing the title character's thunder -- it still holds up better than the recent remake effort. Plus, there is a part of me that still has a soft spot for the late Darren McGavin. Granted, he will never look as good in a short skirt as Sarah Michelle Gellar but then none of the male members of the Buffy cast could ever hope to look as good in that white suit.

Labels: , , , ,

2 Comments:

Blogger Kelly Sedinger said...

That show as a key inspiration for Chris Carter when he was developing The X-Files.

1:06 PM  
Blogger Tonio Kruger said...

Yes, it was.

That's another reason I like it, Jaquandor.

8:12 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home