Wednesday, March 24, 2010

Buscando Trabajo de Nuevo: Parte VII

I just love how it seems like even the most humble employer refuses to take anything but online applications nowadays. Okay, there is one employer that still accepts them but I am almost afraid to submit an application to that one.

For that matter, I find it somewhat depressing how often you can work on an online application for more than twenty minutes and either get hung up on a last-minute glitch or else submit it in a way that seems successful -- but which produces no response via e-mail whatsoever.

Oh, well. At a time in which the biggest job opportunities seem to lie in debt collection and security work, I would like to think that there are still some things that I have too much of a conscience to consider.

And should I update my word processing system? Now is hardly the ideal time for me to be investing in new software but I recently sent a file to an online acquaintance who could not read it so I have to wonder if other people I have sent files to have had similar problems. I guess I will have to test my system with people I can be certain of getting a response from. Then again the acquaintance to which I sent that file uses a Mac and I use a PC so it just may be another part of that unending conflict between Macs and PCs. I am just so glad that modern technology is coming up with yet new ways to separate us even as it tries to bring us together.

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home