Monday, February 22, 2010

Buscando Trabajo de Nuevo: Parte VI

There seems to be some kind of unwritten law that dictates that the less you want a particular job, the more likely it is that the person taking applications for it is going to call you in for an interview.

Anyway, I just talked to an older cousin in Michigan last night and it is obvious that that state has been even harder hit by the recession than Texas. It seems like not one branch of the family has been spared some setback by the current financial crisis. And I suspect things will get worse before they get better.

On the bright side, I have the option to apply for a position which may not be ideal but looks more promising than any other position I've seen thus far. It would be obtained through a friend -- which is something I really do not want to do -- but I suspect I might have to do so anyway.

And I just discovered that the one friend I have who seems to have the bubbliest personality of all my acquaintances is taking antidepressants. Make of that what you will.

Labels: , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home