Friday, January 15, 2010

Movie Song of the Week: “Let's Go to the Movies”

From 1982's Annie, it's yet another musical number inspired by Busby Berkeley. Why some movie blogger hasn't adopted this song as their official anthem, I'll never know but I must confess I'm a bit puzzled that a number this elaborate got swept under the rug.

Oh, right. We weren't supposed to like movie musicals in the 1980s and if we wanted to see some woman dance around in her lingerie, we were supposed to prefer that it be Madonna and not Ann Reinking. Whatever. To paraphrase the Waitresses, there are times when I'm all too glad to feel like a fifth wheel.

However, I must confess that I find it a little funny that Ms. Reinking and Mr. Finney are taking a child to see Camille. Oh, well. They do say that the past is a distant country and that they do things differently there...

Anyway, I hope you all enjoy it.

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home