Tuesday, December 16, 2008

It's Cold Outside. There's No Kind of Atmosphere. I'm All Alone, More or Less...

Dallas had its first snowfall of the year today. Actually it was more like frozen drizzle and didn't last long. But for a while, it looked like snow.

That said, I can't wait until spring. Despite all the love I have for my hometown of Detroit, there's something about thirty-degree temperatures that drives me up the wall. Perhaps because my nose always seems to get stuffed up, no matter how much vitamin C I get or how conscientious I am about my annual flu shot.

On the plus side, this weather does make me appreciate more my modest dwelling place. At a time when so many people have little or no protection from the elements, I feel quite spoiled living in the place where I'm at.

Plus, there's something magical about coming home to a warm residence on a cold winter night that just can't be duplicated during the summer.

Someday I might actually find an excuse to use my condo's fireplace but not just yet...

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home