Thursday, June 26, 2008

Movie Song of the Week: “Nobody Does It Better”

Carly Simon's birthday was yesterday and foolish me didn't think to post anything about it until it was too late. So, to make amends, I'm posting a video of one of her most famous songs, the opening song for the 1977 Bond film The Spy Who Loved Me.

Quite incidentally, The Spy Who Loved Me was the first Bond film I ever had the chance to see on the big screen and the second Bond film that I ever bought a soundtrack album for. (The first was Goldfinger.)

For that matter, Carly Simon has long been one of my favorite singers and not just because she celebrates her birthday a few weeks away from mine. This is not my number one favorite Carly Simon song of all time but it's definitely in the Top Ten.

Enjoy:

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home