Thursday, April 24, 2008

Pop Song of the Week: “Hands Tied”

I'm starting what I hope will become a regular feature on this blog (time and circumstances permitting). I originally was going to start posting videos like this in the regular “Song of the Week” section, but I chose to reserve that for songs of a more cinematic nature.

Not that this song by Scandal doesn't have its own appeal. This video is one of the videos I most frequently watched during the 1980s, and though it should by all means seem more than a little dated by now, it actually holds up pretty well. Lead singer Patty Smyth is never going to be confused with Barbra Streisand (or even with rock singer Patti Smith) but she is very likable in her own right. And the dress she wears in this video doesn't look half bad.

But then I'm biased.

I'm not sure what it says about me that I've listened to this song so often, but I hope it's something nice.

Enjoy:

Labels: , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home