Monday, December 11, 2006

Leopard Seals...I Hate These Guys


Okay, this sounds as ethnocentric as hell, but I didn't really get into Happy Feet until after the appearance of the Latino penguins. True, they were shameless ethnic stereotypes but at least they were entertaining stereotypes. And compared to the Latino stereotypes I've seen in other movies and TV shows this year, they actually seemed quite positive.

There were other parts I liked too: the leopard seal chase, the fight with the seabirds, the awakening in the aquarium, etc. Ironically the one part that I didn't like all that much--or at least as much as I thought I would -- was the singing penguins. At first, it was entertaining but after a while it got tempting to borrow a line from Animaniacs and start shouting “Enough with the singing already.”

However, I did like this movie -- flaws and all -- more than any other animated movies about talking animals which I've seen this year.

Of course that ain't saying much. But still...

Labels: , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home