Wednesday, December 21, 2005

All the Things That I Have Seen (Thus Far This Week at Least)

A. Don't Go Ape to See This Movie


I finally saw the new King Kong movie yesterday. I found it amusing to see director Peter Jackson trying his best to out-Spielberg Steven Spielberg. The Germanic ship captain was an interesting surprise. So was the Joseph Conrad reference. (Major props to Joseph Conrad.) I'm sure I'll have more to say about this movie later.

B. “Lick the Lightswitch”


I'm also re-watching my copy of the Wonderfalls DVD. Easily one of the best TV shows I've seen in a while even if it was canceled after a shamefully small number of episodes. I still find it a bit scary to picture Diane “Christina Crawford” Scarwid as a matriarch though. And here I was just getting used to Sonia Braga's performance as a Mexican-American hausfrau in American Family.

Labels: , , , , , , , ,

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home