Words of the Future
Words that are not yet part of the English language but might someday be:
1. antisocial disease -- disease that brings about social ostracism of its victims.
2. apprehension fatigue -- weariness of endless doomsday predictions.
3. Artificial American -- cyborg or robot of American origin.
4. Boerish -- pro-apartheid.
5. bookoholic -- one addicted to books or reading in general.
6. caudillo complex -- desire for a strong leader.
7. centros -- “centers”; those who believe themselves to be at the center of the universe.
8. cosmedy -- cosmic comedy.
9. culture Nazi -- would-be censor.
10. culturebabble -- cultural equivalent of “psychobabble.”
11. decade envy -- envy of another (usually earlier) generation.
12. ethnomonophrenia -- the notion that all members of a certain ethnic group either think or should think alike.
13. guerocentrism -- a system in which everything is centered around light-skinned people.
14. guerocracy -- rule by light-skinned people.
15. guerophobia -- fear of light-skinned people.
16. instant history -- a tendency to ignore any sort of historical perspective when analyzing the latest news.
17. Karoshi-prone -- prone to death from overwork.
18. libroholic -- bookworm.
19. madonna envy -- envy of pregnant women.
20. mayfly journalism -- journalism that makes little attempt at historical analysis.
21. mayfly politics -- politics that is concerned only with the present day.
22. milkaholic -- someone who likes to drink a lot of milk.
23. moradodinosaurophobia -- fear of purple dinosaurs; especially acute in Gen-Xers.
24. morenophobia -- fear of dark-skinned people.
25. morocracy -- rule of fools.
26. moroculture -- culture of foolishness.
27. New Hidalgoes -- modern folk with same work ethic as the Conquistadors.
28. nohemians -- liberals who define themselves by what they DON'T indulge in.
29. Old Romans -- ones who believe in traditional values.
30. otros -- “others”; those who are not considered to be at the center of the universe; outsiders.
31. reconquistador -- one who is obsessed with regaining long-lost territory.
32. Roanoked -- absorbed into the surrounding population.
33. rubialatry -- worship of blondes.
34. sincaras -- faceless ones
35. sluritans -- Puritans who like to slander other people.
36. spitwater -- a puritanical Latina.
37. venereal killer -- a person who deliberately spreads or chooses to spread a fatal venereal disease.
38. venereal roulette -- having sex with a succession of unknown partners without using a condom.
39. zopilote journalism -- celebrity journalism that focuses primarily on dead people.
40. zopilote politics -- the use of dead people to advance a political agenda.
Labels: Palabras, Palabras del Futuro, Palabras Inglesas